Greenhouse Internists was started in 1991 to provide high-quality care to the residents of northwest Philadelphia and surrounding neighborhoods. We believe that providing high-qualtiy care is not only about the medical advice we dispense, but also the relationships we have with our patients.
All five of our doctors are Board certified internists enrolled in the Maintenance of Certification program offered by the American Board of Internal Medicine. That means we keep our knowledge and skills up to date and voluntarily participate in educational and externally administered testing programs. Additionally, we:
- Use Electronic Health Records, which allows each or our doctors access to the same information so that we can best care for you.
- Are committed to providing patients with convenient access to care.
- Participate in numerous programs to improve the health of patients with chronic medical problems.
Patient Centered Medical Home
Since 2008, Greenhouse has been recognized as the highest level (Level III) Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) by the National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA). The PCMH is an approach to providing comprehensive evidence-based primary care in a healthcare setting that facilitates partnerships between patients and their personal physician.
We are committed to implementing the PCMH standards, such as:
- Enhanced access to care, including personal information and clinical data
- Management of patient populations with specific clinical conditions (such as diabetes, hypertension, preventive screenings)
- Coordinated care management of higher risk patients
- Patient health self-management and education
- Utilization of practice performance data to identify opportunities to improve clinical quality, efficiency, and patient experience